Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just a little of everyday life...

The title says it all...not much to say about that besides letting the pictures tell the story. :)

Bella-boo...She is something else. She will just crack and say something totally adorable. One day while she and I were shucking corn, I took her cob and told her to let me try it, thinking she couldn't get all the "corn hairs" off and clean. She looks at me with this "what?" kind of look and said, "hey, I can do it I'm a hair picker master!" :) She is just so much fun.

K-man bring such joy to our lives. He is just the cutest thing ever! :) He's so daring and adventurous and loves to be michevieous..(hum..that rhymes :)..) I love little boys! His long, adorable curls and toothy grin...he is an amazing addition to our family!


Wednesday (the 11th) Dad re-enlisted. We celebrated for Dad's 3/4 way point to retirement (just under 6 years left) and Dakota's 1/2 way point (for college) at Slap Daddy's. :)

Walking into the building for Dad's re-enlistment, Bella looks down and casually says, "My shoes don't match." Mom and siblings look down, shrug and say "We don't care." :)

"The kid could have a rain boot and a flip-flop, I don't care. ~ Wal-mart has got it right when they put the plastic cord on their shoes, maybe we're not supposed to cut that." -Tim Hawkins from "I'm No Rockstar" (http://www.timhawkins.net/)

K-man did a number on the watermelon. :) He ate so much of it...you'd think a little guy like that would explode with that much watermelon.

"Beat that Dakota...and do it under a minute!"

I love life!

K.K.M.D

Psalms 148:1

5 comments:

  1. Aw...they are too cute!! Miss y'all!! ~Brit~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! :D Ha Ha! I've been lurking around. This time I just HAD to comment. You have no idea how many times we've experienced the same crisis of shoes not matching. :D I've lost so many baby shoes around town. When things get busy, it is very easy for a toddler to put on the wrong shoes...especially if they LOVE to do it "all by themselves". :D Well, I'm almost 40 and I walked around ALL day wearing black ballerina, flats...that didn't match. I was pumping gas when I glanced down at my feet. One shoe had a bow and the other a buckle. I make sure the lamp is on when I put on my shoes now! ;) Great post! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love y'all's blog, y'all did a really good job on it. :-D
    Bella and "K-man" are just adorable. Haha! Bella's non-matching shoes. how cute.

    Laney Whiddon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved the pictures!

    I just read this post and wonder if you would share how God has enabled your family to adopt without a second income.

    http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/08/we-paid-cash-our-adoption.html

    Would you consider writing a post on that or commenting on that blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Freida! I will post in a day or so :) Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts.